We meet for a number of regular worship services, see below for the times and for more information on the service please click on the highlighted links below…
all other Sundays
|All age worship
|2nd & 4th Sundays||4.00pm||“Crossroads” craft based worship for all||Swanwick|
|1st & 3rd Sundays||8.00am||BCP Communion
|1st Sunday||6.00pm||Sacred Space||Pentrich|
|3rd Sunday||6.00pm||Evening Prayer||Pentrich|
|Old School House
What is a typical church service like?
- A typical service at St Andrews or St Matthews lasts roughly for an hour.
- When you walk into our buildings you will be greeted by a member of the congregation who will hand you a service booklet, hymn book and notice sheet.
- In our notice sheets you will find a list of events that will be going on in the following weeks as well as contact information and prayers for our community.
- St Andrews has a built in screen and projector for newer songs that aren’t in our hymn books. If it’s in our hymn books, the numbers for the hymns can be found on the pillars.
- If you have children there is space to the side and back of the church where they can be entertained with colouring, toys… etc.
- There is a time for confession, prayers of intercession, a sermon, a response and communion.
- During one of our hymns you will hear a member of the ministry team tell you that during the hymn, there will be a collection. We take voluntary donations only to help the church with its mission and ministry.
- During communion, if you wish to go up to the altar with everyone to receive bread and wine please feel free to do so. To indicate that you would like bread or wine please place your hands above the rail. To indicate that you would like a blessing instead of bread and wine please keep your hands below the rail. If you don’t wish to take communion or receive a blessing then you’re welcome to remain in your seat.
- After the service, to continue our fellowship with each other, we stay behind for tea or coffee. This is a great opportunity to get to know each other. We love meeting new guests.
We hope to see you soon!